[Babel-users] Babel for Quagga status

Denis Ovsienko infrastation at yandex.ru
Tue Jun 19 05:43:37 UTC 2012

19.06.2012, 00:49, "Juliusz Chroboczek" <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>:
>>>  There are commits in RE-testing-0.99 addressing onlink nexthop
>>>  management in zebra and babeld. The problem should be gone on Linux,
>>>  could anyone confirm?
>
> Denis, why is this not used also by the RIP code?  This would make it
> possible to use Linux-style unnumbered interfaces with RIP, and would
> make RIP behave the same as RIPng.

Well, there may be multiple places where RIP nexthops are matched against connected prefixes. Perhaps, it's better to convert these checks conditional rather than drop them, because coupling an open-minded RIP router with a traditional one will likely create one-way routes. It would be interesting to hear from someone who researched this matter thoroughly, but I barely can help with that right now.

--
    Denis Ovsienko