[Babel-users] [NEWBIE]How to connect 2 Laptop using Babeld?

sidiq interwebz.hot.chick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 09:08:31 UTC 2012

Hello guys. Firstly, I'm the undergraduate student who want to use Babeld
for a project, to create an ad hoc network (MANET)

I have followed the guide from this page,
http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/Babel, but maybe I made some mistake, and
maybe babeld didn't work well.

There are my step for configuring babeld

On Laptop A:

1.      Set Ad-Hoc mode

iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc channel X essid "mesh"

ifconfig wlan0 up

2.      Set IP Address (IPv4)

Ifconfig wlan0 192.168.13.37/32

3.      Start Babeld

Babeld wlan0

On Laptop B:

1.      Connect to "mesh" ad hoc

2.      Set IP Address (IPV4)

Ifconfig wlan0 192.168.13.38/32

3.      Start Babeld

Babeld wlan0

Actually, Laptop A can ping to Laptop B successfully. When I generate TCP
packet from Laptop A, laptop B also could retrieve well. But when I want
filter babel packet using wireshark, nothing appears.

Are there any mistake from my steps? And if in wireshark is written
"destination port:babel" dan "source port:babel", has babeld worked?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. And sorry for my bad English