[Babel-users] About latency-based metrics [was: A happy babel user: re6st]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Jan 30 19:11:03 UTC 2013

>> Unfortunately, the maths of the problem is beyond me, so don't expect
>> anything more than some rough intuitions for the time being.

> I'd like to take a look if you don't mind, though I not sure algebraic
> number theory is the best suited branch of mathematics.

I think it's a control theory problem, with a non-trivial discrete
component.  If you have any good references on the stability of such
systems, I'm interested.

> I really don't know how to formulate the problem.

I wish I knew myself.

-- Juliusz (who is looking forward to having an excuse to spend some
   quality time with a maths textbook; yeah, I know, I'm not quite normal)