[Babel-users] Redistribute a route on a specific interface only

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Sep 6 12:20:52 UTC 2013

> Somebody on IRC wanted to redistribute a route on a specific interface
> only.  I call this "selective redistribute".  Since the solution is
> non-trivial, it might be interesting to others.
>
> The "if" selector of the redistribute filter doesn't fulfil that
> purpose:

Yep.  Redistribution maps routes from the kernel FIB into babeld's
RIB.  At that time the outgoing interface is not known yet -- it will
only be known later, which is why you must do that in an "out" filter.

>   redistribute ip 0.0.0.0/0 le 0 metric 128
>   out ip 0.0.0.0/0 le 0 if br0 allow
>   out ip 0.0.0.0/0 le 0 deny

> Any thoughts on this?

I guess we could define a new syntax for that.  What about

  neigh self

?  (This will break if people have interfaces named "self", of course.)

-- Juliusz