[Babel-users] on Babel encoding terminology

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun Sep 22 15:12:48 UTC 2013

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ovsienko-babel-hmac-authentication-03

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chroboczek-babel-extension-mechanism-00

> Could you share your opinion if one of the two ways looks notably
> better than the other and why?

The terms under discussion are:

------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
RFC 6126                      | draft-chroboczek-babel-extension-mechanism
draft-ovsienko-babel-hmac-authentication
original protocol             | base protocol
extra data                    | extension data
expected length               | base length

I'm not planning to update RFC 6126, but I'd really like
draft...extension-mechanism and draft...authentication to use the same
terminology.

-- Juliusz