[Babel-users] SIGHUP shouldn't kill babeld

Matthieu Boutier boutier at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Sep 24 09:42:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

I believe the right way should be to configure the logger for babeld so that it could use the appropriate signal.  I don't know all loggers, but here is the default debian logrotate's config file for babeld:

$ cat /etc/logrotate.d/babeld
/var/log/babeld.log {
    weekly
    rotate 8
    compress
    missingok
    notifempty
    postrotate
        [ -r /var/run/babeld.pid ] && kill -USR2 $(cat /var/run/babeld.pid)
    endscript
}

Since a logger must be configured anyway to take babeld into account, I don't think it's a big overhead.  But indeed, I also have saturated one of ours router's memory with the babel log ! (babeld was in -d 2 or -d 3)

Matthieu