[Babel-users] SIGHUP shouldn't kill babeld

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 14:06:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 09:11:12 +0100, Gabriel Kerneis wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:19:43PM -0500, Charles N Wyble wrote:
>> > Um. What is confusing about this?
>>
>> Different behaviour depending on a seemingly unrelated flag, wouldn't work with
>> daemon managers that refuse double-fork (such as runit).  On second thought, if
>> it really needs to be tweaked, a command-line flag (disabled by default) seems a
>> better option.
>>
> And really if sending a different signal is all that difficult, you're
> doing it wrong.

Yes, but really do you want to to remember how your process was
started to determine which signal you should be sending to it from a
command line? I even go as far as hating on ssh for making
IdentityFile the only comulative option (nothing else is, and nothing
else can be reset) don't change how things work half way through.