[Babel-users] ad-hoc networks behave like mesh using babel?

Harshal Vora harshal at amideeptech.com
Wed Jan 8 13:18:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just verified again.
The ! route problem seems to occur during startup of a host.
The two hosts are literally kept next to each other.
10.0.0.1 is the gateway to the internet.

Below is the routing table for host 10.0.0.3

$ route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
10.0.0.0        *               255.255.255.0   U     0 0        0 wlan1
10.0.0.0        -               255.255.255.0   !     -1 -        0 -
10.0.0.1        -               255.255.255.255 !H    -1 -        0 -
192.168.0.0     -               255.255.255.0   !     -1 -        0 -
192.168.0.7     -               255.255.255.255 !H    -1 -        0 -

For this particular test, 10.0.0.3 was up and running first and then
after a few minutes I started 10.0.0.1
Both are configured as ad-hoc networks
I restarted the babeld service multiple times on 10.0.0.1 but the
routing table of 10.0.0.3 won't fix.
After I restart babeld service on 10.0.0.3, routes are fine.

Also I verified that
-C 'redistribute proto 3 allow'
works as intended, but only after I restart the babeld service on
10.0.0.3 after which all the routes were set correctly.

Thanks,
Regards,