[Babel-users] able to ping to neighbor but no entry in routing table

Harshal Vora harshal at amideeptech.com
Sun Mar 23 03:52:38 UTC 2014

Since we use model A for all slaves, the only way to get into the Pi is through the wifi interface. Hence I am not sure if it is babel or the interface or the Pi itself that is going down.

But yesterday when this issue occurred, I was already remotely logged in to the master and one of the slave. So both the Pi's were up, the wlan interfaces were up and babeld was running as well.
Since I was logged in from remote, I did not want to experiment with restarting the pi or the WLAN interface.

But I restarted babeld, unfortunately no routes even after that.

We are trying to look at the logs to get a better idea of what is going on. Is there any way to put a timestamp with the babeld logs. We are using level 3 logging, but since there is no timestamp there is no way to compare.

We are planning to replace all model A pi's with model B for the time being so tht we are sure it is not a RAM shortage issue.

Also I tested voltage across pins p1 and p2 on another Pi's both model A and B with a similar adapter and it is around 5v.
It is hard to believe that it is a voltage issue because we have installed 10 sensors at the location and very unlikely that all adapters are faulty.

Thanks,
Regards,

Sent from my iPhone