[Babel-users] Babel TODO for 1.6.0

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:09:29 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
> <jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>>> Merge atomic updates from olsrd code?
>>
>> I stand by my previous opinion:
>>
>>> Ausgeschlossen.  Last time I tried, I got a number of complaints that it
>>> broke operational networks.
>>
>> Sorry Dave, but I'd rather be developing new features and writing proofs
>> than dealing with unreproducible bug reports.
>
> OK, Agreed.
>
> I'll do it (one day) and let you know. I would like to have a good
> test for showing differences in behavior for the new FIB stuff anyway,
> and that will have to wait til linux-4.1 stabilizes and I have another
> pair of 8 1gigE setups going. (presently that's an 8 port edgerouter
> and 8 port rangeley box)

The funny thing is that I had been working with olsrd2 for more than a
year before the problem came up that atomic overwriting of IPv6 routes
wasn't working for older kernels.

The only thing I know (at the moment) is "debian Wheezy: BAD" and
"Ubuntu 14.10: GOOD".

IPv4 atomic overwriting has been working forever... at least 5-8
years. Maybe even during Kernel 2.4 times.

Henning Rogge