[Babel-users] failing over faster?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 21:16:24 UTC 2016

Tee-hee! Don't overanalyze yet!, that was not a strictly repeatable
test, as yet. (if you want access to the testbed send me a ssh key)

A good question would be, what would the ideal time between tests be
for the network to stablize? 3 minutes? At least in one series I'd
started tests back to back, and didn't kick in the drop link stuff at
the right times.

odroid c2 (because it's slower than the apu)'s babeld.conf, running
1.8 + patches

# For more information about this configuration file, refer to
# babeld(8)
default enable-timestamps true
ipv6-subtrees true
redistribute local deny
interface eth0
interface usbnet0
out if eth0 metric 33 # gigE but doesn't come close
out if usbnet0 metric 34 # (only gets 200mbit at best in one direction)
# if you would suggest a better metric, let me know.

apu2: babeld.conf running 1.8+ patches. Rate limited to 400Mbit on all
ports, but does that  *really well*. Can definately do gigE... but
that speed messes up the the linksys 1200 which I am replacing with
something faster

d at apu2:~$ cat /etc/babeld.conf
# For more information about this configuration file, refer to
# babeld(8)
redistribute local deny

linksys 1200 (babeld 1.7.1 openwrt trunk) which is on the 64 network
only is configured to have the ad-hoc interface, there is another box
or three somewhere (pi3? pi? cerowrt?) on the adhoc that gets it back
to the other network. I will simplify!

This amd x86 box, btw, is finally looking like the ideal platform for
the fq_codel on wifi work, as well as fiddling with router stuff with
it's onboard 3 port intel ethernet

http://pcengines.ch/apu2c4.htm

I have two of 'em, they are so far working out pretty great.

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org