[Babel-users] A quick summary of babel at ietf

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Jul 23 21:47:11 UTC 2016

Dear all,

IETF is over, we've had the first meeting of the Babel WG.  It went
pleasantly smoothly.  You'll find the full recording of the meeting[1],
the minutes, as well as all the meeting materials, including slides[2].

[1] http://recs.conf.meetecho.com/Playout/watch.jsp?recording=IETF96_BABEL&chapter=chapter_1
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/materials.html#babel

In short:

  - the chairs said some things;
  - I gave a talk about my plans for evolving the protocol, the audience
    seemed to agree;
  - Barbara Stark gave a talk about her proposed management information
    model, in which she notably recommended to debloat the model; there
    was a short misunderstanding between her and Margaret Cullen, which
    was quickly cleared up;
  - Dave gave a talk about routing with hackerboards, a talk that was not
    specific to Babel but was well-received and appeared to me to be
    eye-opening to at least some audience members.

My feeling right now -- unless we f*ck up really badly, this is going to
be a productive and fun working group.

-- Juliusz