[Babel-users] Redistributing /32 routes properly

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Jun 29 11:09:19 UTC 2016

>  However it's not redistributing them:

>  prefix metric
>  10.0.0.0/16 256
>  10.244.0.0/16 256

>  It is redistributing two manually defined static routes but not the
>  incoming routes.

In babeld, "redistribution" is announcing a non-Babel route in a Babel
network.  For announcing routes learned from Babel, we say "reannounce".
In particular, Babelweb's table of redistributed routes only contains
routes that were learnt by means other than Babel; it does not contain
routes learned over Babel.

So I suspect that you're reannouncing the routes just fine, just not
seeing them in the table.

Please check on the two hosts whether they learn the routes you're
interested in.  The simplest way is to send SIGUSR1 to the babeld deamon,
and check the log.

> Here is my babeld.conf:

I'm too lazy to check in detail, but I suggest you remove all in/out
filtering during testing, and readd it after you've debugged your network.

-- Juliusz