[Babel-users] Babel in FRR

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue Aug 1 21:13:42 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

As some of you may be aware, FRR master branch speaks Babel.

  https://github.com/FRRouting/frr

The Babel support is based on Matthieu's old Quagga code.

After some bug fixing by Donald Sharp (thanks!), it's reached the level of
maturity where it can run as an edge router for both IPv4 and IPv6.  I've
set up a node that speaks RIPng to my upstream router, and Babel to the
Babel network.

If you want to try it out -- beware that the docs are incorrect: you need
to say "redistribute ipv6 ripng" or "redistribute ipv6 static" where the
docs say "redistribute ripng" or "redistribute static".

-- Juliusz