[Babel-users] Install and table keywords in filters (Was: automating route injection)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:34:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 5:54 AM, Baptiste Jonglez
<baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 11:32:40AM -0800, Dave Taht wrote:
>> The recent babel 1.8 commit into lede does not include support for the
>> install or table keywords in filters. I can fix that....
>
> I seem to have missed this change, when was it introduced?

1.8.

table, type, install are new keywords. "type wired" replaces "wired true".

I've been struggling with the intent of these. I saw the new
ipv4table/ip6table support in lede and said "ooh! finally I can push
all address and route assignment out of babeld.conf and into a table
managed by netifd..."

So where I used to manually add a:

ip route add unreachable 172.26.130.0/23 proto 16

and in babeld.conf

redistribute proto 16 allow # This did what I wanted but there's no
proto in lede

vs my hope:

ip route add unreachable 172.26.130.0/23 table 16

#redistribute table 16 allow # Syntactically accepted does nothing
#install table 8 # same

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network

only supports specifying tables, not protos.

config 'route6'
        option 'interface' 'lan'
        option 'target' '2001:0DB8:100:F00:BA3::1/64'
        option 'gateway' '2001:0DB8:99::1'
        option 'table' '8'

I don't really understand what "install" is supposed to do, or the
semantic intended difference between proto and table. My thought
before I read the doc more closely was that proto and table were
equivalent.

> Any patch is welcome, it shouldn't be too hard to add.

Well it would help if I understood these.

> Thanks,
> Baptiste

Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org