[Babel-users] Babel route manipulation

Charalampos Manolidis manolidis1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:21:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

I’m a master student and I'm currently working on my thesis regarding
wireless mesh networking.

As part of my work, I use the ORBIT testbed to establish a wireless
multihop topology. My topology is consisted of 10 wireless nodes, forming a
wireless mesh network. Babel protocol is used to build the wireless mesh
network, and runs greatly on each of the wireless nodes.

I would like to try out a series of experiments for slightly varying
topologies. In these experiments Ι will study the multihop behaviour of the
topology.

Nevertheless, in some scenarios and due to the limited physical dimensions
of the testbed (20m x 20m), the nodes, instead of using multihop paths, are
able to communicate directly and they don't need intermediate hops to reach
each other. In these cases, the topology is lacking multihop routing and as
a result, my findings about the topology’s multihop behaviour are not clear.

Is there a way to manipulate the routes on Babel nodes and avoid their
direct communication? Or could this be done using MAC filtering to block
packets of non neighbouring nodes?

Thanks,
Harris