[Babel-users] Babel in FRR

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue Jun 13 17:24:05 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Donald Sharp has just merged Babel into the master branch of FRR (the
successor of Quagga).  Matthieu and I have done some informal testing,
including running this code as our IPv6 edge router (redistributing
between RIPng and Babel), and it appears to work.

  https://github.com/FRRouting/frr

This code is based on babeld, so it doesn't count as another independent
implementation of the Babel protocol.  Still, since FRR appears to be
taking over from Quagga, it is an important addition to the Babel ecosystem.

Many thanks to Donald for this work.

-- Juliusz