[Babel-users] Heads up: merged rfc6126bis into master

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue Jan 23 00:08:10 UTC 2018

> While not exactly a flag day from a protocol perspective, the commit
> removing keep-unfeasible will break existing startup scripts and conf
> files that have it enabled.

> https://github.com/jech/babeld/commit/0111f5c1d69ce643a6a76a811eb8f89fb4deb936

Right.  Need to add it to the changelog.

(Keep-unfeasible is now the default, and is the behaviour recommended by
6126bis.  The previous default behaviour, which discarded unfeasible
routes, turned out to be a bad idea, since it meant we might not have
a route along which to send a request when we strarve.  The slight
additional memory usage should not be an issue.)

-- Juliusz