[Babel-users] Propagation of unknown sub-TLV?

Lorenzo Ghiro lorenzo.ghiro at unitn.it
Fri Jan 26 14:24:50 UTC 2018

Thank you, a reply so full of insights!

Please let us know what you decide -- I'll be glad to give a hand if
> you're not sure what to do.

mm, up to now we imposed every node to originate at least a route, so that
it was easy to disseminate router-ids in the whole network and run the
centrality algorithm.

But to be more general and if we really want to keep thinking at a
node-layer, then it seems
to be no escape: we will have to implement a per-node flooding mechanism...

I am wondering if we can be more elegant and integrate our algo with Babel
relying
only on interface-identifiers or prefixes, somehow avoiding flooding, or
even if it is worth
to stop thinking at a node-layer and consider the network at a
"prefix-layer"...

So well, we definitely do not have any decision for the moment, we need
some time to
think about it in much more details :)

Thank so much for now,

Lorenzo