[Bash-completion-devel] Ubuntu (new upstream) bash-completion

Luk Claes luk at debian.org
Sun Jun 22 20:46:56 UTC 2008

David Paleino wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 03:31:34 -0000, Ubuntu Merge-o-Matic wrote:
>
>> This e-mail has been sent due to an upload to Ubuntu of a new upstream
>> version which still contains Ubuntu changes.
>
> After reading its changelog, I believe we should really merge those changes...

That would probably not be a bad idea.

> Guys, I'm sorry for the buggy version released... I believed I had the
> "development" version sourced in my ~/.bashrc, but it was the
> "system-wide" (and public) one... I believed it was stable enough, but it's
> not :(

No problem, we managed to fix the most important bugs very fast...

> Sorry for all the work this will bring (and, what's worst, I'm going on VAC
> next week, and won't have any internet connection for ~2 months... :()

That's really unfortunate as the freeze is near and we probably want to
have the merge ready before?

I guess I'll be uploading a fixed package for the vim issue and the
dh-bash-completion stuff to unstable and maybe a package incorporating
all Ubuntu's changes to experimental for the moment...

I think splitting the package won't be tolarated by ftp-master though
because it's way too small, so I'm going to install the
dh-bash-completion part in the bash-completion package itself if that's ok?

Cheers

Luk