[Bash-completion-devel] [Bash-completion-commits] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. 0f2656669fbdf627a3ddf11bdb72e3ec9cef68fd

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:03:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 22:58:33 +0200, David Paleino wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:32:06 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
>
> > David Paleino wrote:
> > > What are you guys using? What's your development workflow? There
> > > shouldn't be any merges in master.
> >
> > I'm curious, why not?  There are plenty of merges in the git.git logs.
>
> Just gut feelings, probably there aren't any problems with merges :) I just
> encountered problems when trying to cherry-pick, but I shouldn't probably
> cherry-pick merges :P...

To be more precise: I had a strange concept of "merge". After some
docs re-reading, I've fixed my idea of "merge", and I now agree with you.

But, there's still a point. Merges shouldn't happen because development should
officially only happen in master. And if you develop in a separate branch, you
should do clean commits to master, without merging, so has to have a clean and
usable log.

If there's something I'm still missing, or something unclear, please tell, I'm
all open to discussion on the matter! ;)

Ciao,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino