[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][311595] tries to execute ssh UserKnownHostsFile

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon Apr 13 09:10:05 UTC 2009

Bugs item #311595, was changed at 2009-04-11 05:30 by Ville Skyttä
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=311595&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
The _known_hosts function tries to execute the UserKnownHostsFile file instead of just getting its name, there is an extra "eval", if you just remove it, it works fine.

Date: 2009-04-13 12:10

Message:
Ok, I can reproduce now.  It also appears to work with the eval if the quotes around "$( sed ... )" are removed, but those were added in http://git.debian.org/?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=commitdiff;h=fec084a69be9383776090df6facfea1a790c5c66 to fix http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=504650

I was not able to reproduce the issue in Debian bug 504650 (works for me both with and without the quotes) but then again it is missing an exact, concrete reproducer so it could be that I'm not testing the right thing.  Freddy, David?

I'm not sure if the eval is needed either, but someone who understands Debian bug 504650 should check how removing the eval affects the scenario in it.

Comment By: Olivier Crête (tester-guest)