[Bash-completion-devel] Style guide (was: Re: [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. 95cd673b5cbd5658cbf56a56a4113722aab92177)

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:06:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
> This is my first experience with asciidoc (tried 8.4.3), and I must say I'm
> not too impressed.  Does this mean one needs to know the DocBook DTD and be
> able to write the docs in a asciidoc/plaintext format that kind of conforms to
> the DTD, instead of asciidoc just taking care of that stuff?  If so, doesn't
> sound too interesting.

I don't think one needs to know the DocBook DTD and I agree that
AsciiDoc should just take care of that stuff.  I was using standard
Ubuntu package asciidoc-8.2.6 & a2x-1.0.0 which generates & compiles
docbook-4.2 without errors.  So I think it's just a version issue and
that our main AsciiDoc structure needs fixing.  I'll try upgrading and
see what happens.

I've been looking at various formats.  DocBook XML seems a logical
choice, but I don't like the verbosity of reading/writing plain XML.
A standardized wiki language Creole I didn't think as mature as
AsciiDoc.  For me AsciiDoc looks like the perfect approach as we can
generate everything from man to web pages (just as Git, which is
using Asciidoc too), and we have readable plain text to maintain.

Regards, Freddy