[Bash-completion-devel] Roadmap proposal

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:14:29 UTC 2009

David Paleino <d.paleino <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:11:41 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> > > Agreed.
> >
> > I'd rather see a real release being made before "split every command" takes
> > place, no objections otherwise.
>
> Well, releasing another headache-making bash-completion doesn't really sound
> good to me :)

Isn't there a concern that "splitting every command into its own file" is going
to make bash_completion slower?  If so, maybe we'd better release
bash_completion-2 (or ..200902xx) with the improvements made so far, stop
supporting bash-2, branch and make the "splitting every command into its own
file" part of the new branch: bash_completion-3?

Regards, Freddy