[Bash-completion-devel] Using launchpad as bugtracker?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 23 17:56:31 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009, David Paleino wrote:
> Hello,
> what do you think of using Launchpad as bugtracker?

No strong objections, but I'd prefer something that can "naturally" link bugs
with commits in the SCM (and have the links go both ways in the BTS and SCM
web interfaces), and generally one logical site for all project activities.
I haven't really used launchpad, but a quick Google search didn't tell me
that git/gitweb would be available there.

I don't know of a site that would have everything the way I'd like;
fedorahosted.org has most features I generally like to see but not all of
them are really top notch implementations, sourceforge's tracker sucks as
much as alioth's etc.  Crosslinking distro bugs in launchpad sounds like a
nifty feature, perhaps enough to trump lack of nice BTS<->SCM integration if
those are the things to choose from.