[Bash-completion-devel] Using launchpad as bugtracker?

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:07:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:56:31 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Monday 23 February 2009, David Paleino wrote:
> > Hello,
> > what do you think of using Launchpad as bugtracker?
>
> No strong objections, but I'd prefer something that can "naturally" link bugs
> with commits in the SCM (and have the links go both ways in the BTS and SCM
> web interfaces),

Well, Alioth isn't doing that now :/.

> and generally one logical site for all project activities.

Well, we can just use Alioth for webpages/wiki/git and LP for bugs/blueprints
(that would then be moved away from the wiki, but that's another story)

> I haven't really used launchpad, but a quick Google search didn't tell me
> that git/gitweb would be available there.

Yes, but I believe we could ask LP people to add it? Who knows? :)

/me joins #launchpad on some network and asks.

> [..]
> Crosslinking distro bugs in launchpad sounds like a nifty feature,

Well, that's what I tried to partially implement in Alioth with "Originally
reported in" and "Original bug number" fields. But in LP if the remote bug
changes status, it gets tracked. :)

> perhaps enough to trump lack of nice BTS<->SCM integration if those are the
> things to choose from.

Perhaps, but this is an important decision and I won't take that all alone.

Thank you for your reply,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino