[Bash-completion-devel] Using launchpad as bugtracker?

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:02:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:47:46 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Monday 23 February 2009, David Paleino wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:07:55 +0100, David Paleino wrote:
> > [..]
> >
> > Ok, after some talking with a guy, LP is definitely not going to support
> > git. Too much work in its maintainance, integrating with LP, [..].
>
> ...and I guess its license means that nobody else will be doing that either.
> D'oh :(

I told them. "Can't maintainance be community-driven? Send patches? Fixing
bugs?" → "No, that would need access to LP databases, tracebacks, [..], which
would be available only to the LP core team, we have no manpower [..]".
However, in July it will be released as freesoftware, maybe I can find a
separate server and set it up there? ;)

> [..]
> > But also, before July, it is possible that Alioth upgrades to FusionForge
> > (a GForge fork) -- maybe we could expect more features there? Going to ask
> > Alioth admins.
>
> Personally, I don't have anything against waiting until July to see what
> happens, and keeping the current setup until that.  But as said, no strong
> objections to doing something before that either if people find it feasible.

I'm fine with waiting too, just hope Alioth people setup something better, I
start hating it :)

David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino