[Bash-completion-devel] Using launchpad as bugtracker?

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:43:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:38:50 +0000 (UTC), Freddy Vulto wrote:

> Perhaps Mantis is an option?  See: http://www.mantisbt.org/

It would've been if we have a MySQL server available on Alioth, which we don't
have. :/

> I don't have experience with the other mentioned systems (LaunchPad, Alioth),
> but at the office we started using Mantis last year and so far it works very
> nice.  It is licensed under the GPL.  We're not using SCM integration at the
> office, but I found an article here - fairly new though:
>
>    Integrating Git and SVN with the Mantis Bug Tracker
>    http://leetcode.net/blog/2009/01/integrating-git-svn-with-mantisbt/

Well, I'll give it a try locally (might be useful for other projects too) :)

After all, we could even move away from alioth and go somewhere else, where we
could have MySQL, PHP, [..] to run our own BTS, and Git. Ideas? (AFAICT,
Savannah! has Git and PHP, but doesn't offer MySQL -- am I wrong?)

> I'm not sure about any "cross-linking bugs from distributions" feature.

That's the nifty feature I love in launchpad. Each bug may be assigned to
multiple "products": upstream source, Ubuntu package, Debian package, Gentoo
package, (and I believe other distributions could be registered rather easily
there)

However, I'd still wait a bit more. There were upgrading plans on Alioth, and
in July LP will become free software.

Kindly,
David

--