[Bash-completion-devel] vncviewer

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:05:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Guillaume Rousse
<Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr> wrote:
> Freddy Vulto a écrit :
>> Guillaume, I've reviewed & updated the to_review/vncviewer completion
>> and got carried away with the case-insensitive options...  Can you
>> confirm it's still working all right?  If there are no further
>> objections, I'll move the new code to contrib and will delete the old
>> code from the main bash_completion file.
> Where did you get this vncviewer binary ? Mines comes from tightvnc
> 1.3.9, and doesn't have any of those strange mixed case options:
> http://linux.die.net/man/1/vncviewer

The vncviewer binary is what is on my Ubuntu 8.10 and is xvnc4viewer:
http://pwet.fr/man/linux/commandes/xvnc4viewer

I don't remember doing anything special during install, but now when I
manually re-install "vncviewer" it is selecting xtightvncviewer,
although xvnc4viewer stays the active one(?).  So it seems like both
clients are to be expected out there?

Sorry for replacing the completion just like that.  Next time I'll ask
before modifying.  Maybe we can offer both completions as
_tightvncviewer and _xvnc4viewer?  Which one is most common and gets
installed as default completion for "vncviewer" completion,
tightvncviewer? Do we have a standardized way in bash-completion for
selecting alternative completions?

Regards, Freddy Vulto