[Bash-completion-devel] Review for lzop (was: Re: Completions for review: lzop, repomanage)

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:54:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:46:47 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/BashCompletion/Reviews
>
> Ok, there's a couple of completions available for review in the to_review/
> area, any takers?  For those not familiar with it, repomanage is part of
> yum-utils, http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumUtils

I won't review repomanage -- just don't know the Yum-world :-)

However, regarding lzop, I see you are manually defining completed options.

You could try my _parse_help() helper function (though that was designed for
gzip, but I wish it becomes a general-handler for --help) -- but that doesn't
output long options, or we can even think at a manpage parser.

(this is to avoid completing non-existing options on different distributions)

Other than that, seems ok to me. Moved to contrib/ (but, please, try to hack on
it a bit more :) -- rev1265)

Kindly,
David

--