[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][311417] DBTS 360628: Should move ssh completion stuff (etc.) to bash-completion.d/

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Fri Jan 30 09:40:06 UTC 2009

Bugs item #311417, was opened at 30/01/2009 10:39
Originally reported in: Debian BTS
Milestone: None
Original bug number: 360628

Initial Comment:
From: Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov at iki.fi>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit at bugs.debian.org>
Subject: Should move ssh completion stuff (etc.) to bash-completion.d/
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:14:34 +0300

Package: bash
Version: 3.1-2
Severity: wishlist

The ssh completion stuff should be moved from /etc/bash_completion
to /etc/bash_completion.d/ssh or something like that. That way I can
load those few useful "advanced" completion features from my .bashrc
that I want, but skip loading the other annoying completions (the
majority of them), that are trying to be too smart. (E.g. refusing
to complete .bz2 files after 'tar xzf' causes one to extract an old
version of a package and so on.)

Date: 30/01/2009 10:40

Message:
Fixed in r1189