[Bash-completion-devel] hostname completion issues

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Fri Jul 3 21:15:26 UTC 2009

Freddy Vulto a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Guillaume
> Rousse<Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr> wrote:
>> mandatory means 'always present', not 'not empty'. I'd prefer to keep
>> options for optional argument (using getopt for internal functions is
>> already awful enough IMHO).
>>
>> That's exactly the same situation than _filedir, which is supposed to be
>> always called for completing a directory name, even if this one is empty. It
>> uses a global variable, tough... This makes room for enhancing API
>> consistency here.
>
> I changed the `-h hostname' option to `_known_hosts_real' to a
> mandatory argument `CWORD' in commit r25e4eb6.  Are you ok with it?
Perfect :)

> What do you think about renaming `_known_hosts_real' to `_add_known_hosts'?
I don't have opposition to renaming, but I don't think using the 'add_'
prefix for segregating front-end function (the ones parsing command
line) from helper functions (the ones just changing COMPREPLY) function
is well suited. I'd rather add another underscore for the later ones,
for instance. Or another convetion.

However, using this prefix for distinguishing helper function setting or
adding to COMPREPLY is fine. In this regard, we shoud rename the
following ones:
- _filedir -> _add_filedirs
- _pci_ids -> _add_pc_ids
etc...
--
BOFH excuse #51:

Cosmic ray particles crashed through the hard disk platter