[Bash-completion-devel] roadmap ?

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:07:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:06:09 +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> The actual question, however, is: what's next ?
>
> On our agenda, the point 3 is to merge bash-completion-lib's test suite.
> However, I feel like it's gonna take some time, and will only concerns a
> few people here.

Right, I feel that too, and I'd postpone it to 2.0. We could, however, start
that in a separate branch, and merge it to master when it's "ready".

> I'd rather have a release right now (bash-completion 2.0),

I'd rather release a 1.1 now, and leave 2.0 for when we'll change the directory
layout.

> and insert into our calendar shorter developement steps:
> - drop bash 2.0 compatibility stuff
> - adopt a new setup (installing stuff somewhere, parsing them elsewhere)
> - adopt a new syntax policy (I really feel tab-based indentation is way
> to cumbersome, see contrib/openssl for instance)
>
> Basically, it means re-ordering points 3, 4 and 5 in our current
> roadmap, and expanding point 5.

Agreed, go change the wiki now! ;)

I'll reply to other points in other mails.

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino