[Bash-completion-devel] Completions for screen

al@sxipper.net ykdnvqui7n at sxipper.net
Mon Mar 16 17:06:14 UTC 2009

I took a look in the /etc/bash_completion code.
I found my answer, partly.
I wanted to complete with the possible list of existing screens, when
reattaching one (-r|-R): only problem was that everyone has to remember the
number screen assigned to the screen wanted, since when the screen is
created it gets a name like 424234.name_that_i_chose . So I wanted
autocomplete to work even with name_that_i_chose and to fill the command
like: 'screen -R 424234.name_that_i_chose'

So I managed to fix the sed commands, I noticed too that -r and -R switches
where associated with $prev not with $preprev, so if -r|-R was not the
latest switch on the commandline it would not get completed. Fixed that too.
On Debian squeeze it works as expected.
See the attached patch .
See also
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=311540&group_id=100114

Package devs could you please close this bug?

2009/3/11 al at sxipper.net