[Bash-completion-devel] error message and patch

buli nancio troesmix at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:02:41 UTC 2009

Dear friends,

I'm using bash and bash-completion from Debian lenny repository:

bash version 3.2-4
bash-completion version 20080705

(these are the *package* versions) and I have two questions:

1. When I run the command "sh -n /etc/bash_completion" I get the following
error message:

# sh -n /etc/bash_completion
/etc/bash_completion: line 194: syntax error in conditional expression:
unexpected token `('
/etc/bash_completion: line 194: syntax error near `*$1+(['
/etc/bash_completion: line 194: `    [[ "$( bind -v )" =

Is this a bug? What can you tell me about?

2. Attached to this message I send you a patch for the file
/etc/bash_completion whichs implement an improved (I hope :-) completion of
the command mount. If you have any question about, please contact me.

Thanks,

Auil