[Bash-completion-devel] Test suite failures/questions

Freddy Vulto f.vulto at wanadoo.nl
Fri Nov 20 13:09:24 UTC 2009

On 11:06, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Just for kicks, did you try other TERM values, for example vt110?

Using these commands
- interactive:  ./runUnit _known_hosts_real.exp --debug
- cron/batch:   ./runUnit _known_hosts_real.exp --debug < /dev/tty40

These are the results for other terminal settings:

TERM=vt100
- interactive:  OK
- cron/batch:   ERROR: Commands send to bash are wrapped at 79 chars

TERM=vt110
- interactive:  OK
- cron/batch:   ERROR: Commands send to bash are wrapped at 75 chars.
                ^H (backspaces) appear in output.

Maybe we can try to isolate the bug in libreadline5 and see if libreadline5 can
be patched or do a bugreport.

But at least cron is now working for me again; I'll have a look at the other
actual test suite failures.

Regards,

Freddy Vulto
http://fvue.nl