[Bash-completion-devel] Freezing code for 1.1

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 15:23:20 UTC 2009

Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Saturday 03 October 2009, David Paleino wrote:
>> I'm going to release it in one week -- i.e. next Saturday. This is not a
>> strict deadline, we might postpone it further if needed.
>> Remember to only cherry-pick things you ABSOLUTELY want/need in 1.1 into
>>  the 1.x branch, while development can continue in master.
>
> Is the roadmap Wiki page no longer up to date/have the objectives for 1.1
> changed?  The indentation changes that Guillaume said he'd take care of
> should have been done before this according to the Wiki if I understand
> correctly. They don't seem to be in git yet.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/BashCompletion/Proposals/Roadmap
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/bash-completion-devel/2009-
> October/002040.html

Those can be cherry-picked from master.

I'm having more and more complains from users about the brokenness on paths
with whitespaces on bash4, so I believe it's better to push forward for the
release.

In any case, as I said in my mail, "next Saturday" is not a strict deadline
-- nor I believe the "indentation policy" is a release-critical bug. Sure,
it would be great if we could push it in 1.1, but if we can't -- no worries.

This is totally IMHO, and we can decide to push the release date further in
future, if the team agrees so.

Have a nice day :),
David

--