[Bash-completion-devel] burn-cd completion

gibboris at gmail.com gibboris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 23:28:34 UTC 2009

Hello,
I attached an attempt of the burn-cd completion.
My challenge was to do something dynamic :
"fill a terminal line according to the capacity of the medium
and the filenames of the command line"

Of course I came into the problem of not being able to
"hook" something between the completion of the command-line
and the suggestions of completions.
(what would make possible, eg, the colorized completion, ... ;)

[ lib/readline/complete.c in display_matches between the echo of
the Lower Common Denominator and the crlf (followed by the others
completions) ]

Anyway, I tried and the completion makes less garbage in the
terminal than I first thought.

Advices welcome.

Raph