[Bash-completion-devel] dd completion not working

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:56:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM, David Paleino <d.paleino at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is even more broken earlier:
>  $ dd if<TAB>
>  $ dd if\=

That looks like another bug.  As old as 2005-01-16 (commit fe8b2e84 by ianmacd)
because `-o filenames' was added to `dd' completion...   This escapes the =

Maybe this can be solved by removing `-o filenames' and fixing
_filedir.   _filedir already needs fixing because it only escapes
whitespace when `-o filenames' is in effect, see my post:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/bash-completion-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg01184.html

I'm sure we could also make it add slashes if `-o filenames' isn't in
effect. We should really get those main library functions fixed before
doing anything else...

Freddy