[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][312881] mutt completion chokes on piped 'source' argument

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sat Dec 11 15:38:50 UTC 2010

Bugs item #312881, was opened at 2010-12-11 15:38
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=312881&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
My IMAP and SMTP passwords for mutt are secured in an encrypted file. I extract them when mutt starts using `source "gpg --no-mdc-warning -d ~/.mutt/muttrc.pwd.gpg |"` in my muttrc. Bash completion then gives the error 'sed: can't read gpg: No such file or directory'. Basically, the regexp looking for sourced files in the '_muttconffiles()' function of the mutt bash_completion script should ignore lines that end in a pipe '|'. As an easier alternative, the script could silently ignore arguments that don't resolve to existing files.