[Bash-completion-devel] some small patches

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 1 20:14:48 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010, you wrote:
> 	Hi, everyone!

Hi,

A list copy of bash-completion-devel mails is fine for me, no need for a
personal copy, thanks :).  (I don't know if you're subscribed, so I'm replying
directly to you.)

> Would you please review 2 small patches and possibly pull them into the
> upstream?
> Those are top two commits there:
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/ildar/packages/?p=bash-completion.git;a=shor
> tlog;h=refs/heads/upstream

The ltx patch looks fine, but I think the --help-all one could be improved
somewhat:

I suppose this:
    if echo "$result" | grep -q -- --help-all; then
...could be replaced with something simpler, such as:
    if [[ $result == *--help-all* ]]; then
...and perhaps it should be further tweaked to avoid false positives, let's
say if a program has a --help-all-foo option but no --help-all.

Also, I'd be happier with the "grep | tr | awk | sed" command would be some
way written only once and not copy-pasted to the --help-all branch, that'd
make it clearer what's going on and more maintainable.