[Bash-completion-devel] Weird compopt.exp unit test problem

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 18:57:39 UTC 2010

On 100211 09:11, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 February 2010, Freddy Vulto wrote:
> > On 100210 18:16, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > > Maybe this is what you meant above put in other words, but removing the
> > > "-re {a\\\'b/c} {" block from compgen.exp or hacking the regexp so that
> > > it does not match makes the problem go away for me.  I don't think that's
> > > the correct fix at all, but my tcl/expect-fu is not good enough so it'd
> > > make sense for me to try to dig deeper.
> >
> > I can't reproduce the problem on Debian or Ubuntu Jauny unfortunately.
> >  Perhaps you can try putting:
> >
> >     sleep 1
> >
> > in between sending bash commands to see if it's a timing problem.
>
> Bingo.  The patch below appears to fix it for me, do you think it
> would be appropriate to commit it?  Dan, does this fix it for you as well?

:-)  Does a `sleep .1' suffice as well?  This would shorten test
duration.  And maybe we'd better move this central to the end of
`sync_after_int' to prevent us from being bitten by this in similar
situations.  Because now theoretically every case like this:

    sync_after_int
    assert_bash_exec ...

has a chance of `expect' sending the next command faster than `bash' is
restoring after the QUIT/INT signals -- having sent the prompt though...
strange still.

Regards,

Freddy Vulto
http://fvue.nl