[Bash-completion-devel] file inclusions in test suite

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Sun Jan 3 12:23:22 UTC 2010

Hello.

I recently commited autotools-integration of test suite. It works, but
only in classical usage scenarion, meaning running ./configure inside
the source directory. Using vbuild (running configure from another
directory), as in the 'make distcheck' scenario, doesn't work, because
all inclusions path are relative to current working directory.

For instance, file 'completion/ssh.exp' include
'lib/completions/ssh.exp'. If you're executing the test from anywhere
else as 'test' directory, it does't work.

test
├── completion
│   └── ssh.exp
└── lib
    └── completions
        └── ssh.exp

Is there a way to make those inclusions relative to either including
file location, or to a variable sourcedir instead ?

Also, why do we need to move actual completion test to
lib/completion/ssh.exp, instead of leaving it in completion/ssh.exp ?
I've had a quick look, it doesn't seems to be included from anywhere else.

--
BOFH excuse #3:

electromagnetic radiation from satellite debris