[Bash-completion-devel] Expect buffering fixes

Crestez Dan Leonard cdleonard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 04:27:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 23:24 +0100, Freddy Vulto wrote:
> Something fishy is going on: from "1^H1^M" it looks like an additional "1" is
> inserted, then backspaced ("^H") and then inserted again. At other FAILs this
> "1" character is always the last character of the random sync string...?
This makes no sense, so here's a nonsense fix:
http://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=commitdiff;h=1b200eca213963e2e85013c7a80e92fda910034e

> The problem goes away on bash-3 if I add a tiny `sleep' again just before
> sending QUIT/INT:
I downloaded bash-static from lenny, it seems to be the close to the
version you are talking about. I was unable to reproduce the issue.

So I made this all optional instead, sync_after_int will sleep unless
you pass --fast-sync to run. This seems like a reasonable compromise.

http://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=commitdiff;h=153f65a3ca261723f96b41006a48260c5f80db6c

I don't insist on merging this, I just find long runtest times annoying.