[Bash-completion-devel] Removal of " -o filenames" to " complete"

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 20:03:23 UTC 2010

On 101103 21:23, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On my system ls.exp ends up testing "ls ~avahi-autoipd" and avahi-autoipd's
> home dir does not exist, perhaps that's why it passed.  Maybe the test case
> should be modified so that it checks the existence of the chosen user's home
> dir and if it does exist, expects to see a slash appended to it?

On my system ls.exp ends up testing "ls ~Debian-exim" which has a home
dir.  Indeed maybe we could split the test in two, once for ~user with and once
for ~user with home dir.
Debian has a user `nobody' with home dir `/nonexistent' which should
(and does) complete with a space instead of a slash.  But this should be
detected dynamically by the test suite.  I think looping over the
`compgen -u' in `ls.exp' and make the two lists for two separate tests
would do..?

Freddy