[Bash-completion-devel] [Bash-completion-commits] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. c86b336769cdc025a63c13bf3448ce5d5019a563

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Nov 17 07:06:32 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010, Freddy Vulto wrote:

> Function `assert_bash_list()' is expecting a newline terminated list,
> whereas `_count_args()' erroneously returned NO newline, using an echo
> -n.  This was of no problem on my machine, but nevertheless wrong and
> probably causing the failures on your machine.  I removed the -n from
> the echo.  Do the _count_args tests pass on your machine now?

No: http://fpaste.org/waIU/

There is a change in behavior though; now it fails much faster (53 seconds in
my earlier log, 2 seconds in this one).  And when I run it several times,
usually I get 1 expected pass (the env should not be modified I think) and 5
failures, but sometimes 2 pass/4 fail, sometimes 3 pass/3 fail.  Not sure if
this happened before your latest change or if it was 1 pass/5 fail always
then, I didn't run it many enough times to notice.

Just to make it clear so that we don't concentrate too much on _count_args, I
have failures for many others as well: at least
unit/__expand_tilde_by_ref.exp, unit/_count_args.exp,
unit/_get_comp_words_by_ref.exp, unit/_get_cword.exp, unit/_parse_help.exp,
and unit/_tilde.exp show failures.  _count_args was just a random test file I
chose to post logs for.  Let me know if you'd like me to post the complete
dbg.log for all unit tests.