[Bash-completion-devel] After adding bash-completion to .bashrc loading prompt is slow

Martin Lundberg martin.lundberg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 13:44:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the list that I should write to but I'll give
it a try. I've installed bash-completion on OSX using homebrew (brew
install bash-completion) and I've added the following line to my
.bashrc (which .bash_profile sources).

source /usr/local/etc/bash_completion

The problems is that it makes the loading of new terminal windows very
slow. If I remove the line the loading is instant. When I add the line
the I have to wait maybe 1-2 second for the prompt to show. I know
it's not much but it's enough to be annoying.

-Martin