[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][313088] Need help reviewing a completion file. How to add space after word is completed?

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue Apr 19 20:29:01 UTC 2011

Bugs item #313088, was changed at 2011-04-17 14:07 by Ville Skyttä
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=313088&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
Anonymous message posted by birgerjn at gmail.com

Hello,

I'm humble to ask here. Since I know this is a bug tracker. But I'm not quite sure where else to ask for any help.

I need someone to review this completion file, and comment on it. Also, the main issue at hand, is the need to add a space after the word is completed.

File: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Contributions/brew_bash_completion.sh
Reported problem on Github: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/5052

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you!

Birger J.

Date: 2011-04-19 23:28

Message:
Questions regarding bash: bug-bash at gnu.org

Regarding your actual question, I don't have "brew" installed to actually try this out with, and I don't see a "nospace" anywhere in your completion file that would be the first thing I'd suspect that would cause spaces not being added after completed words by default.

Anyway, closing here because this is not a bash-completion issue so it doesn't belong in this issue tracker, see links above for more appropriate places where to continue the discussion.