[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][312610] simple directory completion kills local echo under certain circumstances with bash 3.2

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon Apr 25 10:22:32 UTC 2011

Bugs item #312610, was changed at 2010-06-28 01:33 by Ville Skyttä
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=312610&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
Anonymous message posted by costa _AT_ mouldwarp _DOT_ com

The buggy scenario is as follows:

$ rm -R a_read_only_dir<TAB>/<ENTER>
override r-xr-xr-x  user/user for a_read_only_dir? <CTRL-C>^C
$ # local echo is gone, that is, keyboard input ceases to print

I'm pretty sure both completion and rm do something with the terminal (sending escape codes), and here together they fail.

Although minor, pretty annoying - breaks backward compatibility. Found on Darwin.

Date: 2011-04-25 13:22

Message:
This was fixed in 1.3.

http://git.debian.org/?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=commitdiff;h=6934a508efc9e85ce16877beab1b41c3f7d2bfc6