[Bash-completion-devel] New beta/rc release? (was: Re: robustness: var=$(cmd1) cmd2 -<tab>)

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Wed Dec 14 21:16:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 00:56:42 +0400, Igor Murzov wrote:

> > > I think we should concentrate on the stable release now and probably make
> > > one more beta or rc1 for 2.0 release
> >
> > +1 for another 1.9x release.  David?
>
> Is there any guidelines on how to prepare a new release? All fixes go to the
> 2.x branch and all new stuff stays in the master?

Exactly.

> Is there any adopted strategy?

The one above seems sufficient for now.

When the changes are very big and might cause problems, I usually "freeze" the
new release for a while, so that it gets some testing before hitting the
general public (I usually test it myself in my daily usage for some weeks).
Also, the testsuite helps us avoiding easy and obvious breakages.

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 `. `'`  GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://deb.li/dapal